Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Want My Baseball With The Fake Signatures


Growing up, I can clearly recall those Sports Illustrated commercials after every major sports championship. Sign up for a year's worth of issues and you would get that cheesy fucking leather bound edition featuring your favorite team and the baseball/football/basketball commemorating their great accomplishment. God, how I wanted to have my own Sports Illustrated issue of the Phillies/Eagles/Sixers/Flyers (yes, I actually cared about basketball and hockey back then). I looked forward to one day having my commemorative Philly sports issue more than the annual masturbatory swimsuit edition. 

Well, tonight is Step 1 towards finally picking up the phone and ordering my very own yearly subscription of SI. In fact, if the Phillies win it all, why stop there? I will buy every fucking crappy T-shirt, pennant, boxed DVD set, mug, program and God knows what else with the phrase "Philadelphia Phillies 2008 World Series Champions" printed on it. My apartment will resemble that of a Nascar fan's pad, i.e. totally classless, and I could absolutely care less. The Phillies just need to win four more. I need to go on a senseless spending spree. I need that fucking baseball with the fake signatures.