Tuesday, December 2, 2008

World Fucking Champions



I really don't have anything else to add. Chutley has already said all that needs to be said - We're the World Fucking Champions.

For the first time in my adult life (the Sixers won the NBA title when I was 2), a Philadelphia sports team has won the whole damn thing. And best of all, it was my beloved Phillies. I used to live and die with every Darren Daulton at bat. Every paper in my sixth grade English class was about the 1993 Phillies until my teacher actually wrote a note to my mom telling her I had to cover another topic despite receiving "A's" on all my reports. Rooting for those God-awful Juan Samuel/Von Hayes/Roger McDowell/Kevin Gross/Charlie Hayes teams has finally paid off and supporting the Phillies through two decades of futility has made this championship all the sweeter.

Utley hurt for the first two months of 2009? I don't care. The Eagles tying (a fucking tie!) the lowly Bengals? I don't care. Passing on talent evaluator extraordinaire Mike Arbuckle for company yes-man Ruben Amaro as Phillies GM? I don't care. The Phils not even offering Pat Burrell a contract this offseason? I don't care (OK, I kinda do). I seriously could care less about what atrocities happen in the Philadelphia sports scene for the next few years or so. My Phillies are the 2008 World Series Champions. The World Fucking Champions.

No comments: