Tuesday, June 3, 2008

NFL Draft Recap


I know, I know, the NFL Draft happened like 12 years ago (April 26-27), but I didn't have a blog then and I put together a spreadsheet (see below) that some people (freaks who live in their parents basement) might be interested in.

About a dozen of my buddies and fellow Eagles fans came up from Philly to NYC for the Draft and we reserved a plush room here. To our absolute horror, the Eagles traded out of the 1st round (again), when every wide receiver, a position almost completely ignored by the Birds, was still available. Unbelievably, Desean Jackson, who most of us hoped the Eagles would take with the 19th overall pick, was still available in the 2nd round and even more shockingly, the Eagles selected him. As ESPN cut to a stylish Jackson at home wearing a ridiculous suit and shades that looked more like goggles, our little crowd at The Blue Seats went bonkers. Many chest bumps and beer showers ensued. Mark my words, 31 teams will rue the day they passed on Jackson as he becomes the next Devin Hester.

Behold this SPREADSHEET I created during and after the Draft. I am truly an uber dork. Enjoy.


No comments: